Lawyers Alert on the 14th and 15th of May 2018 organised a meeting with Lawyers representing the six geopolitical zones of Nigeria towards the start of a project where the lawyers will act as the hub for start of a SRHR movement n Nigeria. The Lawyers under the aegis of Coalition of Lawyers for Human Rights, COLaHR, will partner with small and medium size CSOs at community levels towards massive organisational capacity building, legal literacy, free legal representation and strategic litigation.
Some pictures at the meeting
Key agreements and next points from the meeting includes but is not limited to:
- Capacity assessment for COLaHR and other small & medium size CSOs in the zones for the purpose of a capacity building plan.
- Monitoring and documentation of SRHR violations in Nigeria across the six zones.
- Free legal representation to victims of SRHR violations
- Capacity building for COLaHR and small & medium CSOs to commence.
- Road map for public impact litigation agreed.